Sewing by Laura D'Onofrio
Juneflower7@gmail.com
203-570-7480

Monday, January 2, 2012

Halloween 2011

This Halloween Megan wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake. Well that's no big deal there, right? Nothing too fancy or complicated. YUS!

I found some cute green and white leggings off of ebay. I bought a plain white shirt from walmart, though there were only long sleeves since it was the fall. I cut the sleeves and added elastic on the inside to give the "puffy sleeve" look. Also on the shirt I cut out the detail and used wonder under to iron the fabric details onto the shirt.

Next I bought fabric online that was the pink polka dot she wore, and made a simple elastic skirt. As for the hat, Megan had a cute cap, I covered it with matching fabric and elastic to keep it on. That was pretty fun to do, I thought it turned out really well!

The harder part was the shoes and the red hair. I think pink wigs on little kids is just weird. So I bought a spray on red hair dye that washes off....though when we sprayed it outside it was really messy and sticky, and tangled her hair. Overall it wasn't worth it. It wasn't even very noticeable.

I looked and looked online for decently priced shoes, but all of them started at $20, and I didn't want to spend that much on shoes she wouldn't really wear again. At church on Sunday I saw a little girl her age wearing red shoes. I asked the mom if we could borrow them for her costume and she said yes. Hooray!

Lastly, for the makeup I used some of my liquid foundation to dot some freckles on her face. When she was all ready, she was SO excited to be strawberry shortcake for Halloween.

(Do you like her strawberry shortcake socks? I put those on because it was cold outside.)

The simplest costume I ever made! We had a great Halloween with LOTS of candy. Who wouldn't give candy to a strawberry shortcake?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Creations

baptism (1) halloween (2) prom (2) quilt (1) Wedding (2)